Routledges's every girl's annual / edited by Alicia A. Leith ; illustrated.
- Additional Title(s):
Every girl's annual
Routledge's every girl's annual 1881
- [London] : George Routledge & Sons, 
- Physical Description:
- vii, , 524 p.,  leaves of plates : ill., music ; 25 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsAY13 .R68 1881Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Frontispiece and title page are chromoxylographs engraved by Edmund Evans, after Kate Greenaway.
With wood-engraved illustrations throughout, including full-page plates after Francis Arthur Fraser and Mary Ellen Edwards. Many of the engravings are by Dalziel.
"London: R. Clay, Sons, and Taylor, Printers."--P. 524.
Schuster & Engen. Greenaway, 372.3a
Osborne Coll, p. 402
Includes two texts on "What girls can do", one on etching and another on wood engraving, both signed H.C.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's gilt-, black-, and silver-stamped blue cloth, with gilt edges.
- Subject Terms:
- Etching -- Technique.G. Routledge & Sons -- Publisher.Girls -- Periodicals.Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.R. Clay, Sons, and Taylor -- Printer.Wood-engraving -- Technique.
- Gift books -- England -- London -- 1878-1888.
Chromoxylographs -- 1881.
Wood engravings -- 1881.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.