Catalogue of the first fall exhibition of the works of modern artists, at the Apollo Gallery, no. 410 Broadway, New-York. 1838. : [One-line Latin motto] : Admission 25 cents, season ticket 50 cents, annual ticket $1. Catalogue 12 1/2 cents.
- [New York] : J.M. Marsh, print. 5 Eldridge-St., 
- Physical Description:
- 24 p. ; 23 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN5020.N49 A44 1838View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- "On presenting this first catalogue to the public, the subscriber deems it a proper occasion to make known the object he has in view ... to provide for the artists a suitable depot for the temporary exhibition of their works ... and for the lovers of art, a place of resort, where they may expect to find a rich variety of subjects for study or for sale ... James Herring."--p. .
Checklist of American imprints, 48805
"Names and places of residence of the artists whose works are exhibited at the Apollo, 1838."--p. 20-24.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in original printed yellow wrappers.
- Subject Terms:
- Apollo Gallery.Art -- Exhibitions.Exhibitions -- New York (State) -- New York.
- Exhibition catalogs -- Art.
Printed wrappers (Binding)
YCBA Collections Search
Catalogue of the first fall exhibition of the works of modern artists, at the Apollo Gallery, no. 410 Broadway, New-York. 1838. , 
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.