À Beckett, Gilbert Abbott, 1811-1856, The comic Blackstone , 1857
The comic Blackstone / by Gilbert Abbott à Beckett ; with illustrations by George Cruikshank.
- New ed.
- London : Bradbury and Evans, 1857.
- Physical Description:
- xii, 252 p. : ill. ; 17 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR4000.A24 C66 1857Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Gloria ScheuerAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Engraved vignette on title page and cover.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in original printed paper wrappers. Publisher's advertisements on back cover.
- Subject Terms:
- Blackstone, William, 1723-1780 -- Parodies, imitations, etc.Blackstone, William, 1723-1780. Commentaries on the laws of England.Bradbury and Evans -- Publisher.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1857.Law -- Great Britain -- Humor.Scheuer, Gloria -- Provenance.
- Of the rights of persons
- Of real property
- Of private wrongs and their remedies
- Of public wrongs and their remedies.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.