The true legend of St. Dunstan and the Devil : showing how the horseshoe came to be a charm against witchcraft / by Edward G. Flight ; with illustrations by George Cruikshank ; engraved by John Thompson.
- Additional Title(s):
True legend of Saint Dunstan and the Devil
- 3rd ed.
- London : Bell and Daldy, 1871.
- Physical Description:
- 62 p. : ill., coat of arms ; 19 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR4705.F55 T77 1871Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Gloria ScheuerAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- First published in 1852 as: The horse shoe : the true legend of St. Dunstan and the Devil.
"Chiswick Press, printed by Whittingham and Wilkins."--Verso of t.p.
Engraved vignette on title page.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's gilt and black-stamped brown cloth. Inscription: To H. Boardman Smith. The unsatisfactory results in your care, explained on page 16. Xmas 1881.
- Subject Terms:
- Bell and Daldy -- Publisher.Charms.Chiswick Press -- Printer.Dunstan, Saint, 909-988.Scheuer, Gloria -- Provenance.Smith, H. Boardman -- Ownership.
- Wood engravings -- 1871.
YCBA Collections Search
Flight, Edward G, The true legend of St. Dunstan and the Devil , 1871
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.