A memoir of George Cruikshank / by Frederic G. Stephens ; and an Essay on the genius of George Cruikshank by William Makepeace Thackeray.
- London : Sampson Low, Marston, Searle, & Rivington, 1891.
- Physical Description:
- xii, 144 p. : ill., port. ; 19 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC242.C78 S74 1891Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Gloria ScheuerAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- With a frontispiece portrait of George Cruikshank, after Frank Stone.
Includes wood-engraved reproductions of illustrations by Cruikshank.
Printed by Richard Clay & Sons, Limited, London.
"An essay on the genius of George Cruikshank", reprinted from 'the Westminster review' of June 1840.
Chronological list of the principal books illustrated by George Cruikshank: p. 132-142.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's black-stamped brown cloth. Title on cover: The great artists.
- Subject Terms:
- Artists -- Great Britain -- Biography.Caricatures and cartoons -- Great Britain.Cartoonists -- England -- Biography.Cruikshank, George, 1792-1878 -- Bibliography.Cruikshank, George, 1792-1878.Illustration of books -- Great Britain.Richard Clay & Sons -- Printer.Sampson Low, Marston, Searle, & Rivington -- Publisher.Scheuer, Gloria -- Provenance.
- Wood engravings -- 1891.
YCBA Collections Search
Stephens, Frederic George, 1828-1907, A memoir of George Cruikshank , 1891
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.