Cheerful pastimes for merry-making parties : descriptive of the various domestic amusements resorted to in youthful and genteel society, tending to occupy the mind, and while away the winter evenings in hilarity / illustrated by Cruikshank.
- London : Printed and published by J. Fairburn, Broadway, Ludgate Hill, 1830.
- Physical Description:
- xxi, 185 p.,  folded leaf of plates : ill. ; 19 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsGV1229 .C44 1830Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Gloria ScheuerAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Frontispiece is an aquatint signed "Cruikshank". Attributed to Robert Cruikshank. Cf. Rosenbach and British Library.
Printed by Richards and Teulon, Bucklersbury.
Rosenbach, A.S.W. Catalogue of the works illlustrated by George Cruikshank and Isaac and Robert Cruikshank in the library of Harry Elkins Widener, p. 231
BM (compact ed.), v. 6, p. 659
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in original quarter green cloth and red paper boards, with printed title label on spine. Bookplate: Sir David Lionel Salomons. In Riviere calf slipcase.
- Subject Terms:
- Amusements -- Great Britain -- 19th century.Fairburn, J. -- Publisher.Games -- Great Britain -- 19th century.Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.Richards and Teulon -- Printer.Riviere -- Binder.Salomons, David, Sir -- Bookplate.Scheuer, Gloria -- Provenance.
- Armorial bookplates (Provenance)
Games -- Great Britain.
Recreations -- Great Britain.
Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1830.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.