A handbook for posterity, or, Recollections of "Twiddle Twaddle" / by George Cruikshank, about himself and other people ; a series of sixty-two "etchings on glass," with descriptive notes.
- Additional Title(s):
Handbook for posterity
Recollections of "Twiddle Twaddle"
- London : W.T. Spencer ..., 1896.
- Physical Description:
- xii p.,  leaves, , 60 leaves of plates : ill. ; 25 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC1479.C78 H36 1896Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Gloria ScheuerAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "Only 200 copies of this book have been printed ... each one numbered and initialed by the engraver and publisher."--Colophon.
Preface type-signed: Charles Hancock.
Engraved vignette on title page.
Cohn, A.M. George Cruikshank, 815
BAC: British Art Center copy is one of 100 (out of series) with proofs on India paper. Bound in half calf.
- Subject Terms:
- Cruikshank, George, 1792-1878.Etching -- Specimens -- 1896.Scheuer, Gloria -- Provenance.Spencer, W.T. -- Publisher.
YCBA Collections Search
Cruikshank, George, 1792-1878, A handbook for posterity, or, Recollections of "Twiddle Twaddle" , 1896
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.