[Views in Yorkshire and Derbyshire].
- [London] : [John Connop, St. Ann's Lane], 
- Physical Description:
-  leaves,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 24 x 29 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA670.Y6 C66 1810+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Issued without title?
Aquatints by Thomas Cartwright; after John Connop.
Letterpress printed by Diggers, St. Ann's Lane, London.
"The first twelve plates all have dates of 1807, are all in colour, and are accompanied by a leaf of text. The venture struggled on until 1810, but the text disappeared, and all but two of the plates are left uncoloured. As the printing of these is in a grey suitable for colouring, and not sepia, declining support may account for the failure to keep the original standard."--Abbey.
Date of publication from Abbey.
Abbey, J.R. Scenery of Great Britain and Ireland in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 366
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in gilt-tooled calf with a red leather title label on front cover.
- Subject Terms:
- Derbyshire (England) -- Pictorial works.Diggens -- Printer.Dwellings -- England -- Derbyshire.Dwellings -- England -- Yorkshire.Historic buildings -- England -- Derbyshire.Historic buildings -- England -- Yorkshire.Yorkshire (England) -- Pictorial works.
- Aquatints -- 1810.
Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1810.
- Harewood Castle, Yorkshire
- Pool Bridge, Yorkshire
- Beauchief Hall, Derbyshire
- Monsal Dale, Derbyshire
- Seat of the Earl of Effingham, Yorkshire
- View at Roche Abbey, Yorkshire
- Beauchief Abbey, Derbyshire
- Mausoleum at Wentworth, Yorkshire
- Interior of Kirkstall Abbey, Yorkshire
- Dronfield Church, Derbyshire
- Bakewell Church, Derbyshire
- Haddon Hall, Derbyshire
- Matlock High Torr, Derbyshire
- Darley Church, Derbyshire
- The Crescent, Buxton, Derbyshire
- Bolton Abbey, Yorkshire
- Roch Abbey, Yorkshire
- Darfield Church, Yorkshire
- Eton College, Buckinghamshire
- Shenley Church, Hertfordshire
- College & Church at Maidstone, Kent.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.