Portraiture, dynasty and power : art patronage in Hanoverian Britain, 1714-1759 / Catherine Tite.
- Additional Title(s):
Art patronage in Hanoverian Britain, 1714-1759
- Amherst, N.Y. : Cambria Press, c2010.
- Physical Description:
- xvi, 150 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 28 cm.
- Reference LibraryN8219.K5 T58 2010 (LC) OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Please contact the Reference Library to schedule an appointment [Email email@example.com]
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Art -- Political aspects -- Great Britain -- History -- 18th century.Great Britain -- Kings and rulers -- Art patronage.Great Britain -- Kings and rulers -- Portraits.Hanover, House of -- Art patronage.Hanover, House of -- Portraits.Portraits, British -- 18th century.
- Introduction. Portraiture, space and concepts of the dynastic family
- Sociable collecting : Caroline of Ansbach, gregarious consort and erudite connoisseur
- Hanoverian courtly patronage in mid-eighteenth -century Britain
- Alternative court culture : the artistic patronage of Frederick, Prince of Wales, and Augusta, Princess of Wales
- Artistic patronage and dynastic alliances : Britain and Hesse Cassel
- The royal image and the British country house.