The comic almanack : an ephemeris in jest and earnest, containing merry tales, humorous poetry, quips, and oddities / by Thackeray, Albert Smith, Gilbert A. Beckett, the brothers Mayhew ; with many hundred illustrations by George Cruikshank and other artists.
- Additional Title(s):
Cruikshank's comic almanack
- London : Chatto and Windus [1878?]
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. : ill. ; 18-20 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsAY758.C7 C66bYale Center for British Art, Gift of Gloria ScheuerView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Reprint of the almanac originally published from 1835 to 1853.
BAC: British Art Center copy contains the 2nd series only (together with 1st series of the J.C. Hotten edition). Bound in half calf. Bookplate of P.L.D. Perry.
- Subject Terms:
- Almanacs, English -- England -- London.Chatto and Windus -- Publisher.Perry, P. L. D. -- Bookplate.Scheuer, Gloria -- Provenance.
- Wood engravings -- 1878.
Engravings -- 1878.
- 1st series, 1835-1943.--2nd series, 1844-1954.