Cruikshank, George, 1792-1878, Phrenological illustrations, or, An artist's view of the craniological system of Doctors Gall and Spurzheim , 1826
- Phrenological illustrations, or, An artist's view of the craniological system of Doctors Gall and Spurzheim / by George Cruikshank.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Phrenological illustrations
Artist's view of the craniological system of Doctors Gall and Spurzheim
- London : Published by Geroge Cruikshank ... 1826.
- Physical Description:
-  p., 6 leaves of plates : chiefly ill. ; 27 x 37 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A N 181 Copy 5Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Gloria ScheuerAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Illustrated t.p.
Cohn, A.M. George Cruikshank, 178
BAC: British Art Center copy lacks title page (has the 6 etched plates only). Bound with: Scraps and Sketches / by George Cruikshank (ondon : Published by the artist ..., 1828-32); BACRB Folio A N 181 Copy 5.
- Subject Terms:
- Caricatures and cartoons -- Great Britain.Caricatures and cartoons -- Great Britain.Cruikshank, George -- Publisher.Etching, Colored -- Specimens -- 1826.Gall, F. J. (Franz Joseph), 1758-1828 -- Caricatures and cartoons.Satire, English.Scheuer, Gloria -- Provenance.Spurzheim, J. G. (Johann Gaspar), 1776-1832 -- Caricatures and cartoons.Wit and humor, Pictorial.
- Caricatures -- England -- 19th century.
Engravings (prints) -- England -- 19th century.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.