Repton, Humphry, 1752-1818, H. Repton, landscape gardener, [ca. 1797?]
H. Repton, landscape gardener [graphic] : Hare Street, near Romford, Essex / H. Repton inv. & delin. ; T. Medland sculpt.
- [Essex?] : [s.n]., [ca. 1797?]
- Physical Description:
- 1 print : engraving ; sheet 66 x 95 mm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2011 13Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- An engraved trade card for Humphry Repton, prominent landscape gardner. The illustration depicts Repton surveying a riverside estate (with theodolite at hand) while a dozen laborers toil the earth in the background.
Drawn by Humphry Repton; engraved by Thomas Medland.
BAC: British Art Center copy is bound with Repton's Red Book for Vinters in Kent, a seat of James Whatman Esqr (SB473.R4 V56 1797+). It is affixed to the page facing the title page.
- Subject Terms:
- Landscape architects -- Great Britain.Landscape architecture -- Great Britain.Landscape gardening -- Great Britain.Repton, Humphry, 1752-1818.Surveying -- Great Britain.Theodolites.
- Engravings -- England -- 1797.
Trade cards -- England -- 1797.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.