Translations and etchings / by an amateur.
- York : [s.n.], 1884.
- Physical Description:
-  leaves,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 28 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA690.Y6 B83 1884+ OversizeAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- By Anthony Buckle.
Etchings of landscapes in and around York, including York Minster, Richmond (North Yorkshire), and a number of unidentified locales. Accompanied by translations into English of various poems, many by Danish authors.
The title page and frontispiece leaves include etched images and letterpress text.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in contemporary (?) limp maroon cloth. Presentation inscription: With best wishes for you and yours. A. Buckle. 31 Dec. 1885.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture, Domestic -- England -- York.Buckle, Anthony -- Autograph, 1885 Dec. 31.Danish poetry -- Translations into English.Etching -- Specimens -- 1884.Landscapes -- England -- York.York (England) -- Buildings, structures, etc. -- Pictorial works.York (England) -- Pictorial works.York Minster -- Pictorial works.
- Morning / A.B.
- Found (after Goethe)
- To the dead (after the Danish of Schack Staffeldt)
- Day and evening (after the Danish of Christian Wilster)
- Wilt thou love me? (from the Danish of C. Ploug)
- The white lychnis (from the Danish of Erica)
- Comfort in misfortune (from the Danish of C. Hauch)
- The wanderer (from the Danish of B.S. Ingemann)
- Longing (after Schiller)
- Sonnet (after Petrarch)
- Sonnet (after Petrarch).
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.