A voyage towards the South pole, and round the world. Performed in His Majesty's ships the Resolution and Adventure, in the years 1772, 1773, 1774, and 1775. Written by James Cook, commander of the Resolution. In which is included, Captain Furneaux's narrative of his proceedings in the Adventure during the separation of the ships ... Illustrated with maps and charts, and a variety of portraits ... and views ... drawn during the voyage by Mr. Hodges ...
- London, Printed for W. Strahan and T. Cadell, 1777.
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. plates (part fold.) ports. (incl. front.) maps (part fold.) charts (part fold.) fold. plans. 30 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsG420 C66 1777+ OversizeView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Related Content:
- View a selection of digital images in the Beinecke Library's Digital Images Online database
- BAC : Plates by J. Basire, B.T. Pouncy, Lerperniere, J. Hall, J. Caldwall, W. Watts, W. Woollett, J.K. Sherwin, W. Byrne, W. Palmer, Record, F. Bartolozzi, Jas. Roberts, Aliamet, Michel, and S. Smith; after Wm. Hodges, and Chas. Chapman.
BAC : Maps engraved by Gulielmus Whitchurch, J. Russell, and W. Palmer.
SML FRA 551 +1777c: 2 v. in 3. Except for front in v. 1 the plates, maps, and plans belonging to this copy have been bound in a separate volume. Plates XIX, XLVIII and LVI wanting.
- Subject Terms:
- Antarctica.Heely, Augustine -- Bookplate (BEIN)Oceania -- Discovery and exploration.Voyages around the world.Weston, Charles -- Autograph, 1777 (BEIN)
YCBA Collections Search
Cook, James, 1728-1779, A voyage towards the South pole, and round the world, 1777
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.