Narrative sketches of the conquest of the Mysore, effected by the British troops and their allies in the capture of Seringapatam, and the death of Tippoo Sultaun, May 4, 1799 : with notes, descriptive and explanatory / collected from authentic materials.
- The second edition.
- London : Printed by W. Justins, and sold by West and Hughes, MDCCC 
- Physical Description:
- 134,  p. : ill. ; 20 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsKD6323 .C35 1805Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- The sketches were written from material collected to assist the design and execution of Robert Ker Porter's panorama, The Storming of the Seringapatam.
English short title catalogue, T105641
The last 2 p. contain 'Descriptive sketch of the Storming of Seringapatam', .. painted by Robert Ker Porter.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in half calf with marbled boards. Bound with: The trial of Vice-Admiral Sir Rob. Calder. London : A. Macpherson, 1805.
- Subject Terms:
- Engraving -- Specimens -- 1800.India -- History -- British occupation, 1765-1947.India -- History -- Mysore War, 1799.Justins, W. -- Printer.Mysore (India) -- History.Porter, Robert Ker, Sir, 1777-1842. Storming of the Seringapatam.Śrīraṅgapaṭṭaṇa (India) -- History -- Siege, 1799.Tipu Sultan, Fath ʻAli, Nawab of Mysore, 1753-1799.
- Origin of the war
- March of the armies and the action at Seedasaer
- Siege of Seringapatam
- Storming and capture
- Death of Tippoo
- Captured treasures
- Final arrangements of the conquest
- Madras and Bombay armies
- Dates of the operations
- List of killed and wounded.