IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Montague, Alfred, d. 1883, Elementary studies of river craft and shipping , 
Elementary studies of river craft and shipping / by A. Montague.
- London : Published by George Rowney & Co. 51, Rathbone Place, 
- Physical Description:
-  leaves of plates : all ill. ; 20 x 21 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC817 .H66 1835+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Date of publication from plates.
At head of title: No. 3. Price 1s.
Plates are numbered 9, 10, 11 and 14.
Part of a series of elementary studies in drawing published by George Rowney. Cf. The Court Journal.
The Court Journal, v. 7, p. 607
Includes George Rowney & Co.'s advertisements for art supplies on the back wrapper (recto and verso).
BAC: British Art Center copy in original printed wrappers. Publisher's advertisements on front and back of back cover.
- Subject Terms:
- Artists' materials.Drawing -- Study and teaching.Drawing books -- Specimens.George Rowney & Co. -- Publisher.George Rowney and Co.Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.Lithography -- Specimens -- 1835.Marine drawing -- Study and teaching.
- Drawing books.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.