Storer, James, 1771-1853, The rural walks of Cowper , 1822
- The rural walks of Cowper : displayed in a series of views near Olney, Bucks., representing the scenery exemplified in his poems : with descriptive sketches, and a memoir of the poet's life.
- London : Published by J. and H.S. Storer, Pentonville : 1822.
- Physical Description:
- ix, , 57 p., 15 leaves of plates : ill. ; 18 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR3383.S8 R87 1822Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Dedication signed: James Storer.
Engravings by James Storer and H.S. Storer.
Original manuscript drawings for at least three of the plates are in the collections of the Yale Center for British Art, in: Sixty-four original designs & drawings illustrative of Cowper's poems &c. by H. St. Storer, 1822 (YCBA RB PR3383 .S8 1822+).
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in contemporary brown boards, with printed title label. Bookseller's label: T. Muncaster, bookseller, 29 Church Street, Liverpool. Autograph: F. Weston Fenhagen, Christmas, 1942.
- Plates: 1. Yardley Oak -- 2. Peasants' Nest -- 3. The rustic bridge -- 4. View from the alcove -- 5. The avenue, with the alcove in the distance -- 6. Monumental urn in the Wilderness, inscribed to a favourite pointer -- 7. The temple in the Wilderness -- 8. Weston Lodge, late Cowper's residence -- 9. Weston Hall, the seat of Sir George Throckmorton, Bart. -- 10. The Elms -- 11. The shrubbery, with the Moss House -- 12. The town of Olney, and part of the bridge -- 13. The market-place, Olney -- 14. Cowper's summer house -- 15. The vicarage.
- Subject Terms:
- Cowper, William, 1731-1800 -- Homes and haunts.Cowper, William, 1731-1800.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1822.Fenhagen, F. Weston -- Autograph.J. and H.S. Storer -- Publisher.Olney (England)Sherwood, Neely, and Jones -- Publisher.Weston-upon-Trent (England)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.