Lee, John Edward, 1808-1887, Selections from a sketch book , 1847
Selections from a sketch book : twenty-four views.
- Newport : David Morris, lithographer, Llanarth Street, 1847.
- Physical Description:
-  leaves of plates : all ill. ; 28 x 38 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2010 53Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Attributed to John Edward Lee. Cf. Cardiff Free Libraries. Catalogue of printed literature in the Welsh Department. Cardiff, 1898.
Lithography by David Morris.
Lithographed cover title.
Cardiff Free Libraries. Catalogue of printed literature in the Welsh Department, p. 291
Jones, Ifano. Printing and printers in Wales and Monmouthshire, p. 250
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture, Domestic -- England -- Pictorial works.Architecture, Domestic -- Wales -- Pictorial works.England -- Pictorial works.Lithography -- Specimens -- 1847.Wales -- Pictorial works.
- Watcombe, near Torquay
- The Thatcher Rock, near Torquay
- Cottage at St. Marychurch, near Torquay
- Cottages at Chelston, Torquay
- West Front at Torwood House (as it stood in 1838)
- The Castle Rock near Lynton, Devonshire
- The Waters Meet near Lynton, Devonshire
- Llanvihangel Church, Monmouthshire
- The Old Tower at Caerleon, Monmouthshire
- Old Watermill at Caerleon, Monmouthshire (as it stood in 1842)
- Hawkstone near Bolton Abbey, Yorkshire
- Castle near Scarbro, Yorkshire
- Bob Mill near Robins Hoods Bay, Yorkshire
- Robin Hoods Bay, Yorkshire
- Boats on Filey Sands, Yorkshire
- Filey Bridge, Yorkshire
- Gordale Scar, Yorkshire
- Corfe Castle, Dorsetshire
- The Pinacle Rock, near Swanage
- Hastings Castle, from Ore Lane
- The "Old Roar", near Hastings
- Steephill Castle, Isle of Wight
- Ventnor Cove, Isle of Wight
- Entrance to Shanklin, Isle of Wight.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.