Decorative painting : a practical handbook on painting and etching various objects and materials for the decoration of our homes / by B.C. Saward.
- London : L. Upcott Gill, 
- Physical Description:
- xx, 216,  p. ; 20 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsND1620 .S29 1897Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Printed by A. Bradley, 170, Strand, London.
Date of publication taken from publisher's advertisements inserted at end.
Includes numerous wood-engraved illustrations throughout the text.
Publisher's advertisements:  p. at end.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's original gilt- and black-stamped brown cloth.
- Subject Terms:
- Bradley, A. -- Printer.China painting -- Technique.Decoration and ornament -- England.Decoration and ornament -- Technique.Decorative arts -- England.Gill, L. Upcott -- Publisher.Glass painting and staining -- Technique.Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.Interior decoration -- England.Stone painting -- Technique.Textile painting -- Technique.
- Publishers' advertisements.
Wood engravings -- 1897.
- Painting on textiles
- Painting on pottery and porcelain
- Painting on paper, vellum, and leather
- Painting on glass and wood
- Painting on stone, metal, etc.