Callcott, Maria, Lady, 1785-1842, Essays towards the history of painting , 1836
Essays towards the history of painting / by Mrs. Callcott.
- London : Edward Moxon, 1836.
- Physical Description:
- , iv, , 269,  p. ; 22 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsND50 .C35 1836Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Printed by Bradbury and Evans, Whitefriars, London.
Includes bibliographical references.
Errata slip inserted.
Publisher's advertisements,  p. at end.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in original brown paper covered boards, with printed title label on spine.
- Subject Terms:
- Artists' materials -- History.Bradbury and Evans -- Printer.Moxon, E. -- Publisher.Painting -- Greece -- History.Painting -- History.Painting -- Italy -- History.
- Errata slips (Printing)
- Essay I. Introduction. Lectures on painting
- Essay II. Of art in Ancient Italy
- Essay III. Of painting in Greece, first and second series
- Essay IV. Of the third period of painting in Greece
- Essay V. Classification of pictures
- Essay VI. On the materials used by painters.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.