How to sketch from nature, or, Perspective and its application / by Newton Fielding.
- Additional Title(s):
How to sketch from nature
Perspective and its application
- Second edition.
- London : J. Barnard, 
- Physical Description:
- 54 p.,  leaf of plates : ill. ; 18 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC795 .F54 1856Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Date of publication from British Library.
Printed by George Phipps, Ranelagh Street, Eaton Square, London.
Includes wood-engraved illustrations and diagrams throughout the text.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in half calf and marbled boards. Has bound with it: Art of sketching flowers from nature / R. Willett Lucas (London : Reeves and Son, 1853); Reeves & Sons : artists' color manufacturers, lead pencil and mathematical drawing instrument makers, and stationers (London : Harrison & Sons, 1850).
British Museum. General catalogue of printed books to 1955 (compact edition), v. 9, p. 250, 949
- Subject Terms:
- Barnard, J. -- Publisher.Drawing -- Study and teaching.Drawing -- Technique.Drawing books -- Specimens.Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.Landscape drawing -- 19th century -- Great Britain.Landscape drawing -- Study and teaching.Landscape drawing -- Technique.Perspective -- Study and teaching.Perspective -- Technique.Phipps, George -- Printer.
- Drawing books -- England -- 19th century.
Wood engravings -- 1856.
YCBA Collections Search
Fielding, Newton Limbird Smith, 1799-1856, How to sketch from nature, or, Perspective and its application , 
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.