Lucas, Ralph Willett, 1796-1874, The art of sketching flowers from nature , 1853
The art of sketching flowers from nature : with coloured illustrations / by R. Willett Lucas.
- London : Reeves & Sons, 1853.
- Physical Description:
- iv, 45 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 1853.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC795 .F54 1856Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Printed by Harrison and Sons, London Gazette Office, St. Martin's Lane.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound with: How to sketch from nature, or, perspective and its application, Newton Fielding. Second edition. (London : J. Barnard, 1856). Bound in half calf and marbled boards.
- Subject Terms:
- Botanical illustration -- Study and teaching.Botanical illustration -- Technique.Drawing -- Study and teaching.Drawing -- Technique.Drawing books -- Specimens.Flowers in art -- Great Britain.Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.Harrison and Sons -- Printer.
- Drawing books -- England -- 19th century.
Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1853.
Lithographs -- 1853.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.