The plain and painted picture play book for exercises in colouring , 1858
The plain and painted picture play book for exercises in colouring : second series.
- London : Dean & Son, 1858.
- Physical Description:
-  leaves : ill. ; 34 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC965.6 .P53 1858+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Comprises duplicate wood-engraved scenes on facing pages, one colored, the other for coloring by the student.
Date of publication from back cover.
BAC: British Art Center copy in original linen backed pictorial boards. Includes publisher's advertisements. Partially colored by a student.
- Subject Terms:
- Art -- Study and teaching (Elementary)Coloring books.Dean & Son -- Publisher.Picture books for children.
- Juvenile literature -- England -- London -- 1858.
Coloring books -- England -- London -- 1858.
Wood engravings -- 1858.
Wood engravings -- Hand-colored -- 1858.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.