Furthest lands : ten etchings from the edge of the British Isles.
- London : Norman Ackroyd, 2005.
- Physical Description:
- 1 v. : ill., map ; 29 x 41 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2010 55Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Jason Bacon, Yale BA 1956View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- "The ten etchings are published in editions of 90, with 2 exhibition proofs, 2 printers' proofs, and 3 artist's proofs. Numbers 1-45 and the proofs are collated into boxed sets ... Printed by Neil Woodall in Yorkshire and Jason Hicklin in London from copper plates etched by the artist. The paper is 280gsm Somerset rag from St. Cuthbert's Mill, Somerset, England. The Solander Box is built by Smith-Settle in Otley, Yorkshire. Typography by Hope O'Neil."--Colophon.
Unbound. The preliminary material includes a folder with reprint of a passage from Boswell's "The Journal of a Tour to the Hebrides" (1773), along with a contemporary map of the British Isles.
Result of the artist's visits to Shetland, the Skelligs, the east coast of East Anglia, and the Isles of Scilly.
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 10 of 90, signed by the artist. Each plate is also titled, numbered, and signed by the artist.
- Subject Terms:
- Ackroyd, N. -- Publisher.Ackroyd, Norman, 1938-Artists' books -- Great Britain.Boswell, James, 1740-1795. Journal of a tour to the Hebrides with Samuel Johnson, LL.D.East Anglia (England) in art.Hicklin, Jason -- Printer.Isles of Scilly (England) -- In art.Shetland (Scotland) -- In art.Skellig Islands (Ireland) -- In art.Woodall, Neil -- Printer.
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.
Aquatints -- 2005.
- From Herma Ness
- Bressay Daybreak
- Dun Caan, Raasay's Cap
- Rhum from Skye
- From Farne Islands
- Cromwell's Castle, Inishbofin
- Holkham Park from Scolt Island
- The North Sea at Dunwich
- Skellig Revisited
- Bishop's Rock.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.