Goorkha gazette , 1887
- Goorkha gazette : a weekly publication.
- Calcutta : City Press, 1887.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsG149 .G66 1887+ OversizeAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- The Goorkha gazette was produced by passengers on the British India S.S. Goorkha on a voyage from London to Calcutta. They set sail on 27th October 1887 arriving 5th December, the paper actually being printed on subscription after their arrival. Includes a full list of the First Class passengers on the trip.
Contains false imprint: Written and published by the Staff, 3, Wine-Office-Row, Saloon Sq., E.C.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in original illustrated boards.
- Subject Terms:
- Goorkha (Ship)Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.Lithography -- Specimens -- 1887.Voyages and travels -- 19th century -- Periodicals.
- Passenger lists.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.