A laboratory for art : Harvard's Fogg Museum and the emergence of conservation in America, 1900-1950 / Francesca G. Bewer.
- Harvard's Fogg Museum and the emergence of conservation in America, 1900-1950.
Cambridge, Mass. : Harvard Art Museum ; c2010.
New Haven : Yale University Press, c2010.
- Physical Description:
- 365 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 23 cm.
- Reference LibraryN8560.5 B49 2010 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Please contact the Reference Library to schedule an appointment [Email firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Art -- Conservation and restoration.Art restorers -- Training of -- Massachusetts -- Boston.Fogg Art Museum -- History.
- Edward Forbes takes on flaking paint (1899-1910)
- The museum as laboratory (1910s)
- Good chemistry : attracting like minds (1920s)
- A department for conservation and technical research (1930s)
- War as a catalyst for conservation (1940s).