A laboratory for art : Harvard's Fogg Museum and the emergence of conservation in America, 1900-1950 / Francesca G. Bewer.
- Harvard's Fogg Museum and the emergence of conservation in America, 1900-1950.
Cambridge, Mass. : Harvard Art Museum ; c2010.
New Haven : Yale University Press, c2010.
- Physical Description:
- 365 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 23 cm.
- Reference LibraryN8560.5 B49 2010 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Art -- Conservation and restoration.Art restorers -- Training of -- Massachusetts -- Boston.Fogg Art Museum -- History.
- Edward Forbes takes on flaking paint (1899-1910)
- The museum as laboratory (1910s)
- Good chemistry : attracting like minds (1920s)
- A department for conservation and technical research (1930s)
- War as a catalyst for conservation (1940s).