- [England] : Clare Bryan, 2001.
- Physical Description:
- 1 v. : ill. ; 30 x 30 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7433.4.B79 C58 2001 FlatYale Center for British Art, Friends of British Art FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Artist's book.
Multi-layered cut-paper work in which the cut-out portions of the page articulate the urban build-up of the city of London, with the recognizable forms of the River Thames and prominent London parks.
"'City', holes forming the image, representations of the spaces occupied by people becoming, literally, empty space. Patterning and circularity--the book ends where it began, and when opened to the middle appears as a sort of three-dimensional butterfly print. As soon as the image resolves to something we can readily interpret, it begins to deminish back into obscurity. Transparency--looking through the layers, it is like a contour map of the shapes formed by human life, action and expansion through time."--Artist's description of the work.
Limited edition of 3 copies.
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 2 of 3. Signed by the artist. Bound in white boards, in a white slipcase.
- Subject Terms:
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.Bryan, Clare, 1966- -- Publisher.Cut-out craft -- Great Britain.London (England) -- Maps.Paper work -- Great Britain.
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.