In defence of woman : a Welsh poem / by Wiliam Cynwal ; translated by Gwyn Williams ; engravings by John Petts.
- Additional Title(s):
O blaid y gwragedd. English
- London : Golden Cockerel Press, 
- Physical Description:
- 28,  pages : color illustrations ; 24 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPB2273.C9 A67 1960 Copy 1Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsPB2273.C9 A67 1960 Copy 2Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- A reply to the satire Against women (Araith ddychan i'r gwragedd).
"Designed by Christopher Sandford for the Golden Cockerel Press, London, in Golden Cockerel type on mould-made paper. Composition and presswork by The Chiswick Press. The edition is limited to 500 numbered copies, of which nos. 1-100 are specially bound and have one extra engraving"--Title page verso.
Golden Cockerel Press. Cock-a-hoop, 210
BAC: British Art Center copy 1 is no. 500 of a limited edition of 500. Bound in publisher's blue cloth.
BAC: British Art Center copy 2 is no. 86 of a limited edition of 500 copies. Bound by Hiscox in full blue morocco. In rose paper slipcase.
- Subject Terms:
- Araith ddichan ir gwragedd.Private press books -- England -- London -- Specimens.Welsh poetry.
- Chromoxylographs -- 1960.
Private press books (Publishing) -- England -- London.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.