Cutts, Simon, 1944-, English coloured papers , 2009
- English coloured papers / poems by Simon Cutts ; papers by Colin Sackett.
- Axminster : Colin Sackett, 2009.
- Physical Description:
-  p. : col. ill. ; 15 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7433.4.C885 E54 2009Yale Center for British Art, Friends of British Art FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- “I've made new scans of the backs and fronts of the swatches. I'm not completely convinced by the tallness of the proportion-taken from the things themselves-rather than what might be 'a good shape for a page'. What i do like is the offering of the possibility of choosing a paper, as you might the actual material itself ... your poems parallel with the colour sequence 40-53 that i've put together over the 28 pages. It's moving towards a much more straightforward book, rather than an elaborate construction that I first thought.”--Artist's website.
The images depict a paper sample book sold by T.N. Lawrence & Son, London.
"An edition of three hundred copies printed and bound, Axminster 2009."--Colophon.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in original quarter green cloth and paper-covered flush-trimmed boards
- Subject Terms:
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.Artists' books -- Specimens.Artists' materials.English poetry -- 21st century.Paper.Sackett, C. -- Publisher.
- Artists' books.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.