Rose, Clare, Making, selling, and wearing boys' clothes in late-Victorian England , 2010
- Making, selling, and wearing boys' clothes in late-Victorian England / Clare Rose.
- Burlington, VT : Ashgate, 2010.
- Physical Description:
- xiv, 276 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Reference LibraryTT630 .R67 2010 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Reference Library is closed until further notice. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Introduction -- Raggedness and respectability -- Designing boys' clothing -- Selling boys' clothing -- Affording boys' clothing -- Wearing boys' clothing -- Age, employment and boys' clothing -- Masculinity in boys' clothing -- Conclusions and contexts.
- Subject Terms:
- Boys' clothing -- England -- History.Clothing trade -- England -- History.