Johnson, Matthew, 1962-, English houses, 1300-1800 , 2010
English houses, 1300-1800 : vernacular architecture, social life / Matthew Johnson.
- 1st ed.
- Harlow, England ; Pearson Longman, 2010.
New York : Pearson Longman, 2010.
- Physical Description:
- vii, 240 p.,  p. of plates : ill. (some col.), maps ; 24 cm.
- Reference LibraryNA7328 .J53 2010 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture -- England -- History.Architecture and society -- England -- History.Architecture, Domestic -- England.Vernacular architecture -- England.
- Introduction : the study of vernacular architecture
- Building traditional houses
- Houses in the landscape
- Houses in the later Middle Ages --Rebuilding and reformation
- Polite and rustic
- Everyday life in the traditional house
- The Georgian order.