Victoria & Albert : art & love / edited and with an introduction by Jonathan Marsden.
- Additional Title(s):
Victoria and Albert : art and love
- London : Royal Collection, c2010.
- Physical Description:
- 480 p. : ill. (chiefly), plans ; 28 cm.
- Reference LibraryN1025 .V53 2010 (LC) OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Please contact the Reference Library to schedule an appointment [Email firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Accompanies the exhibition opening at The Queen's Gallery, Buckingham Palace, in March 2010.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 463-468) and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Albert, Prince Consort of Victoria, Queen of Great Britain, 1819-1861 -- Art patronage -- Exhibitions.Arts, British -- 19th century -- Exhibitions.Victoria, Queen of Great Britain, 1819-1901 -- Art patronage -- Exhibitions.
- Genealogical table
- Catalogue. Portraits ; Contemporary painting and sculpture ; Early Italian and Northern European painting ; Architecture and decoration ; Balmoral and the Highlands ; Music, Theatre and entertainments ; Furniture ; Metalwork ; Ceramics ; State jewellery ; Insignia ; Personal jewellery ; Textiles, fans and accessories ; Souvenir albums and topography ; Views of the great exhibition ; Books ; Photography ; Royal artists ; Memorials to Prince Albert
- Appendix I. Works of art shown at the Great Exhibition, 1851
- Appendix II. Royal gifts.