Victoria & Albert , c2010
Victoria & Albert : art & love / edited and with an introduction by Jonathan Marsden.
- Additional Title(s):
Victoria and Albert : art and love
- London : Royal Collection, c2010.
- Physical Description:
- 480 p. : ill. (chiefly), plans ; 28 cm.
- Reference LibraryN1025 .V53 2010 (LC) OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Accompanies the exhibition opening at The Queen's Gallery, Buckingham Palace, in March 2010.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 463-468) and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Albert, Prince Consort of Victoria, Queen of Great Britain, 1819-1861 -- Art patronage -- Exhibitions.Arts, British -- 19th century -- Exhibitions.Victoria, Queen of Great Britain, 1819-1901 -- Art patronage -- Exhibitions.
- Genealogical table
- Catalogue. Portraits ; Contemporary painting and sculpture ; Early Italian and Northern European painting ; Architecture and decoration ; Balmoral and the Highlands ; Music, Theatre and entertainments ; Furniture ; Metalwork ; Ceramics ; State jewellery ; Insignia ; Personal jewellery ; Textiles, fans and accessories ; Souvenir albums and topography ; Views of the great exhibition ; Books ; Photography ; Royal artists ; Memorials to Prince Albert
- Appendix I. Works of art shown at the Great Exhibition, 1851
- Appendix II. Royal gifts.