IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Cruchley's railway & telegraphic map of Somerset, [between 1855 and 1875?]
Cruchley's railway & telegraphic map of Somerset [cartographic material] : showing all the railways & names of stations, also the telegraph lines & stations ; improved from the Ordnance Surveys.
- Additional Title(s):
Cruchley's railway and telegraphic map of Somerset
- London : G.F.Cruchley, [between 1855 and 1875?]
- Physical Description:
- 1 map : col. ; 46.0 x 52.7 cm, folded to 25.5 x 20.0 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA670.S5 E45 1862+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Maps & Atlas (printed)
- Scale [ca. 1:200,000] -- (W 2°55ʹ0ʺ--W 1°22ʹ0ʺ/N 51°34ʹ0ʺ--N 50°43ʹ0ʺ).
- Relief shown by hachures.
Bar scale given in miles.
BAC: British Art Center copy is hand colored. Bound with: An illustrated history of the county of Somerset ... by Elizabeth Ellicott [manuscript], 1862. Ellicott has added watercolors to the map to delineate Wansdyke, Roman camps, and Foss Road (Old Roman Foss).
- Subject Terms:
- Lithography -- Specimens -- 1855-1875.Railroads -- England -- Somerset -- Maps.Somerset (England) -- Maps.
- Maps -- England -- Somerset -- 1855-1875.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.