Observations on Milford-Haven , 1812
- Observations on Milford-Haven : to which is annexed an accurate chart of the 'Haven, assisted by correct views.
- Second edition, with considerable additions.
- London : Printed for E. Jeffery, by B. M'Millan, 1812.
- Physical Description:
- , 91,  p.,  leaves of plates : ill., map ; 30 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsHE558.M54 O27 1812+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "The following Observation on Milford-Haven, were originally occasioned by allusions to it, in a letter from the late Lord Viscount Melville to the late Right Hon. Spencer Perceval, in 1810, on the establishment of a naval arsenal at Northfleet; and further, by remarks upon it, in a pamphlet published in 1810, by the Right Hon. George Rose, addressed to the late Right Hon. Lord Viscount Melville, on the then intended arsenal at Northfleet."--P. [iii].
Author and artist are unidentified, the former signing himself on p. 91 as Pembrocensis. The author may be Robert Greville (1751-1824).
Illustrations are tinted aquatints.
Abbey, J.R. Scenery, 536
BAC: British Art Center is the Abbey copy. Ms inscription: "There were only twenty five of the Work printed on Large Paper, 12 of which was [sic] kept by the author and 13 at the disposal of the publishers. Edward Jeffery." Includes publisher's advertisement for Grose's Antiquarian Repertory on verso of Directions to the Binder at end.
- Subject Terms:
- Arsenals -- Great Britain -- Northfleet (England)Harbors -- Great Britain.Jeffery, E. -- Publisher.Jeffery, Edward -- Inscription.M'Millan, B. -- Printer.Melville, Henry Dundas, Viscount, 1742-1811.Milford Haven (Wales) -- Harbor.Perceval, Spencer, 1762-1812.Rose, George, 1744-1818.
- Publisher's advertisements.
Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1812.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.