Flaxman : the Yale sketchbook : sketchbook used by John Flaxman during his stay in Italy (1787-94) containing sketches from Florence and Rome, dated 4 November 1787 (Yale Center for British Art, Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut, USA. Printroom inv. no. B1975.3.468 (a-aaaa)) / catalogued by Eckart Marchand.
- Additional Title(s):
Added title page for the Seventy-second Volume of the Walpole Society, 2010: John Flaxman and William Young Ottley in Italy
- [S.I.], England : Walpole Society, 2010.
- Physical Description:
- pages 119-185 : illustrations ; 28 cm
- Reference LibraryN12.W35 A1 72 (LC) OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Non-Yale users must make an appointment to use the Reference Library. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- This article examines the John Flaxman sketchbook in the Yale Center for British Art Collection: "Italian Sketchbook, Studies from Florence and Rome; began 1787."
- Subject Terms:
- Flaxman, John, 1755-1826 -- Notebooks, sketchbooks, etc.
YCBA Collections Search
Flaxman , 2010