Cooke, Simon, Illustrated periodicals of the 1860s , 2010
Illustrated periodicals of the 1860s / Simon Cooke.
- New Castle, Del. : Oak Knoll Press, 2010.
- Physical Description:
- 228 p. : ill. ; 28 cm.
- Reference LibraryNC978 .C64 2010 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
"A detailed, historical reconstruction of the essential character of illustrated periodicals in Britain in the 1860s. Considers the complex interrelationships between publishers, editors, artists, engravers, and authors and their effects on creative output. Illustrated in grayscale with more than 120 reproductions of engravings and preparatory drawings"--Provided by publisher.
- Subject Terms:
- Illustrated periodicals -- Great Britain -- History -- 19th century.Illustrated periodicals -- Publishing -- Great Britain -- History -- 19th century.
- Criticism and the illustrated periodical
- Artist and publisher
- Editor and artist
- Publisher, author and artist
- Artist and engraver
- Artist, editor, publisher, author, engraver.