Natural stone resources for historical monuments , 2010
- Natural stone resources for historical monuments / edited by R. Přikryl and Á. Török.
- London : Geological Society, 2010.
- Physical Description:
- vi, 237 p. : ill. (some col.), maps ; 26 cm.
- Reference LibraryTN950 .N38 2010 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Reference Library is closed until further notice. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
"Most of the papers were presented during the "Natural stone resources for historical monuments" special session held under the framework of the "Energy, Resources, Environment" programme session on the General Assemblies of the European Geosciences Union held in Vienna (Austria) annually during 2006-2008"--Pref.
"Some of the issues related to built stone conservation and restoration covered by this volume are: the establishment of inventories of possible replacement stone; understanding the decay mechanism and use of preventive conservation methods for slowing down decay processes; evaluation of the properties of natural stone; and assessing the risks of using replacement stones of different qualities."--P.  of cover.
- Subject Terms:
- Building stones -- Congresses.Historic buildings -- Conservation and restoration -- Congresses.Monuments -- Maintenance and repair -- Congresses.Stone buildings -- Conservation and restoration -- Congresses.