Reynolds, Nicole, Building romanticism , c2010
- Building romanticism : literature and architecture in nineteenth-century Britain / Nicole Reynolds.
- Ann Arbor : University of Michigan Press, c2010.
- Physical Description:
- viii, 211 p.,  p. of plates : ill. (some col.) ; 24 cm.
- Reference LibraryPR457 .R4557 2010 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Reference Library is closed until further notice. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Introduction: romanticism's mansion of many apartments -- Keats's magic casements and the material sublime -- The mystery of the boudoir: privacy, literacy, and the rights of woman -- Cottage industry: the ladies of Llangollen, domestic ideology, and the symbolic capital of the cottage ornée -- Sir John Soane's House-Museum and romantic nostalgia -- Afterword: romanticism's theater of the mind's eye.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture and literature -- Great Britain -- History -- 19th century.Architecture in literature.English literature -- 19th century -- History and criticism.Romanticism -- Great Britain.