IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Reynolds, Nicole, Building romanticism , c2010
Building romanticism : literature and architecture in nineteenth-century Britain / Nicole Reynolds.
- Ann Arbor : University of Michigan Press, c2010.
- Physical Description:
- viii, 211 p.,  p. of plates : ill. (some col.) ; 24 cm.
- Reference LibraryPR457 .R4557 2010 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Please contact the Reference Library to schedule an appointment [Email firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Full Orbis Record:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture and literature -- Great Britain -- History -- 19th century.Architecture in literature.English literature -- 19th century -- History and criticism.Romanticism -- Great Britain.
- Introduction: romanticism's mansion of many apartments
- Keats's magic casements and the material sublime
- The mystery of the boudoir: privacy, literacy, and the rights of woman
- Cottage industry: the ladies of Llangollen, domestic ideology, and the symbolic capital of the cottage ornée
- Sir John Soane's House-Museum and romantic nostalgia
- Afterword: romanticism's theater of the mind's eye.