India's fabled city : the art of courtly Lucknow / Stephen Markel ; with Tushara Bindu Gude and contributions by Muzaffar Alam ... [et al.].
- Additional Title(s):
Art of courtly Lucknow
- Munich ; Prestel, 2010.
New York : Prestel, 2010.
- Physical Description:
- 271 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 31 cm.
- Reference LibraryN7308.L83 M37 2010 (LC) OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Catalog issued in connection with an exhibition held Dec. 12, 2010-Feb. 27, 2011, Los Angeles County Museum of Art, Los Angeles, and Apr. 6-July 11, 2011, Museé Guimet, Paris.
- Subject Terms:
- Art and society -- India -- Lucknow -- Exhibitions.Art and society -- India -- Oudh -- Exhibitions.Art, Indic -- India -- Lucknow -- Exhibitions.Art, Indic -- India -- Oudh -- Exhibitions.
- The dynastic history of Lucknow / Stephen Markel
- India's fabled city: the lure of courtly Lucknow-narratives of an exhibition / Tushara Bindu Gude
- Lucknow and European society / Rosie Llewellyn-Jones
- Hybrid visions: the cultural landscape of Awadh / Tushara Bindu Gude
- Innovations pious and impious: expressive arts in Nawabi Lucknow / Carla Petievich
- Lucknow's architectural landscape / Catherine Asher
- "A sacred interest": the role of photography in the "City of Mourning" / Sophie Gordon
- Origins of the late Mughal painting tradition in Awadh / Malini Roy
- Of princes and poets in eighteenth-century Lucknow / Muzaffar Alam and Sanjay Subrahmanyam
- "This blaze of wealth and magnificence": the luxury arts of Lucknow / Stephen Markel
- Textiles and dress in Lucknow in the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries / Rosemary Crill
- Music in Lucknow's gilded age / Peter Manuel.