Gayford, Martin, 1952-, Man with a blue scarf , 2010
- Man with a blue scarf : on sitting for a portrait by Lucian Freud / Martin Gayford.
- New York, N.Y. : Thames & Hudson, 2010.
- Physical Description:
- 247 p. : ill. (chiefly col.) ; 24 cm.
- Reference LibraryNJ18.F914 G39 2010 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Reference Library is closed until further notice. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Lucian Freud spent seven months painting a portrait of the art critic Martin Gayford. Gayford describes the process chronologically, from the day he arrived for the first sitting through to his meeting with the couple who bought the finished painting. As Freud creates his portrait, so Gayford produces his own portrait of the artist.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Freud, Lucian.Gayford, Martin, 1952- -- Portraits.Portrait painting, English -- 21st century.