The album & scrapbook frontispiece, [186-?]
- The album & scrapbook frontispiece.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Album and scrapbook frontispiece
- [Place of publication not identified] : [Publisher not identified], [186-?]
- Physical Description:
- 1 sheet ( page): color illustrations ; 23 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsEph Pr 31Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "Decorative printed pages, often referred to as frontispieces, were printed in the 19th century and used as title-pages for scrap albums. The term 'frontispiece' applies to a pictorial left-hand page facing a title-page, but the 'album frontispiece' was inserted more often on the right."--Rickards
Title from caption below image.
Rickards, M. Encyclopedia of ephermera, page 14
Image of an open scrap book with green paper movable flap on which a poem is printed. When lifted up there is a collection of images which appear to be laying in the scrap book.
- Subject Terms:
- AlbumsAmusements -- 19th century.Paper works -- Specimens.Scrapbooks
Chromolithographs -- 186-?.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.