A set of six folksongs and ballads / decorated by Cynthia Fuller.
- London : J. & E. Bumpus ; 1927.
New York : Albert and Charles Boni, 1927.
- Physical Description:
- 1 v. : col. ill. ; 40 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2011 2Yale Center for British Art, Friends of British Art FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Music (printed)
- The Fuller sisters (Dorothy, Rosalind, and Cynthia) originated from Dorset, England, and toured the United States on at least five occasions in the early 20th century, including two performances in the White House for President Wilson. They performed English, Irish, and Scottish folk songs, in Victorian costume, accompanied on the harp by Cynthia Fuller.
The cover of each of the six pieces is illustrated with a full-color design by Cynthia Fuller.
Limited edition of 500 copies.
"Collected and sung by the Fuller sisters."--Verso of each of the six parts.
Musical Monitor and World. Official organ of the National Federation of Music Clubs, v. 4, p. 228
Shepard, L. Broadside ballad, p. 94
Sackbut 6 (1926:Apr), p. 237
BAC: British Art Center copy in original illustrated portfolio.
- Subject Terms:
- Ballads, English.Folk songs, English.J. & E. Bumpus -- Publisher.
- Chromolithographs -- 1927.
- O! No, John!
- O waly waly
- The twa sisters
- Lord love!
- The bitter withy
- A sweet country life.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.