- Glascow : Wm. McLaren & Co., [ca. 1900?]
- Physical Description:
-  leaves : chiefly ill. ; 13 x 33 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNK8650 .S74 1900+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Friends of British Art FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Pattern book for 16 designs (reduced in size) of hand-stencilled friezes by William McLaren and Co., Glasgow; with price list.
"This book of reduced designs, from our Hand Stencilled Friezes, is issued to meet the increasing demand for hand work--as against machine prints--at prices equal to the printed goods. These designs (scale 1 5/8 inches to the foot) are facsimile of the friezes, and we hope that they will fulfill the purpose of large pattern books. These friezes are stocked, stencilled on an extra stout cream coloured cartridge paper, 30 inches wide, as it is found that this ground goes well with almost any of the shades of silk fibres, ingrains, &c. &c., on the market."--Leaf .
BAC: British Art Center copy in original printed wrappers. Lacks designs 1, 2, 4, and 10.
- Subject Terms:
- Commercial catalogs -- Great Britain.Decoration and ornament -- Great Britain.Decorative arts -- Great Britain.Interior decoration -- Great Britain.Stencil work -- Great Britain.William McLaren & Co. (Glasgow, Scotland)Wm. McLaren & Co. -- Publisher.
- Pattern books.
Chromolithographs -- 1900.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.