Brook, Richard, fl. 1847, New cyclopædia of botany and complete book of herbs , [1860?]
- New cyclopædia of botany and complete book of herbs : forms a history and description of all plants, British or foreign.
- Alternate Title(s):
- New cyclopedia of botany and complete book of herbs
Cyclopædia of botany or a correct history and description of all plants native or exotic, forming a complete new family herbal
Cyclopedia of botany or a correct history and description of all plants native of exotic, forming a complete new family herbal
- London : W.M. Clark ; [1860?]
Huddersfield : Richard Brook, printer, Buxton-Road, [1860?]
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. : col. ill. ; 20 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsQK97.5 .B76 1860Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- With an added lithographed title page, with title: The Cyclopædia of botany, or, A correct history and description of all plants native or exotic, forming a complete new family herbal.
Date of publication from British Library.
BM (compact ed.), v. 4, 504
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in dark green half calf with marbled boards, by Butler, Ryde, Isle of Wight.
- Subject Terms:
- Botanical illustration -- Great Britain.Botany -- Great Britain -- History.Botany -- Great Britain -- Identification.Brook, R. -- Publisher.Butler, Ryde -- Bookbinder.Clark, W.M. -- Publisher.Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.Herbs -- Great Britain.Herbs -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.hron. 1860.Natural history -- Great Britain.
- Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1860.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.