Washing day : a proper new ballad for wet weather / the decorations designed and executed by William Hawkes Smith.
- Birmingham : Printed at the Lithographic Press by W. Hawkes Smith, [ca.1821]
- Physical Description:
- 1 score ( p.) : ill. ; 34 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsM1977.H7 W37 1821+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Music (printed)
- Date of publication from Twyman.
Song for voice and piano, arranged on two (curvy) staves with interlinear words.
With pictorial title page and music.
First line: The sky with clouds was overcast.
Twyman, M. Early lithographed music, p. 386
BAC: British Art Center copy is of the earlier of the two printings identified by Twyman, with 'Birmingham' in open italic (rahter than upright) capitals.
- Subject Terms:
- Ballads, English.Humorous songs -- Great Britain.Lithographic Press -- Printer.Lithography -- Specimens -- 1821.Popular music -- To 1901.Songs with piano.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.