Ackroyd, Norman, 1938-, Malin , 2008
- Malin / Norman Ackroyd.
- Yorkshire : N. Ackroyd, 2008.
- Physical Description:
-  p.,  leaves of plates : ill., 30 x 38 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2011 3Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Jason Bacon, Yale BA 1956Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Etchings of landscapes on the northern coast of Ireland. Accompanied by an etched map of the region, in which the places depicted by Ackroyd are noted.
"The ten etchings are published in editions of 90 copies, with 2 exhibition proofs and 2 printers' proofs. Numbers 1-50 and the proofs are collated into boxed sets ... The etchings are printed by Neil Woodall in Yorshire from copper plates etched by the artist. The paper is 280gsm Somerset rag from St. Cuthbert's Mill, Somerset, England. The Solander box is built by Smith-Settle in Yorkshire. Typography and letterpress by Niamh Clancy."--Colophon.
BAC: British Art Center copy is no.  of 90 copies. Each etching is titled, numbered ("8/90"), signed, and dated by Ackroyd, in graphite. In original solander box.
- The Bloody Foreland -- Balor's Castle-Tory -- Horn Head -- Tory from Fanad -- Loch Suili -- Dunaff Head -- Glashedy -- From Malin Head -- Tor Rocks -- Inishtrahull.
- Subject Terms:
- Ireland -- In art.Malin (Ireland) -- In art.Malin Head (Ireland) -- In art.
- Livres d'artistes -- Great Britain.
Aquatints -- 2008.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.