The costume of China : illustrated by sixty engravings : with explanations in English and French / by George Henry Mason.
- Additional Title(s):
Costumes de la Chine
- London : Printed for W. Miller, Old Bond Street, by S. Gosnell, Little Queen Street, Holborn, 1800 [i.e. not before 1821]
- Physical Description:
-  p., 60 leaves of plates : col. ill. ; 38 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsGT1555 .M37 1821+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- The illustrations depict occupations, including street sellers.
With an added title page in French: Costumes de la Chine ...
Stipple engravings by J. Dadley; after Pu-Qúa.
Text leaves watermarked 1821.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in gilt-tooled red morocco.
- Subject Terms:
- China -- Social life and customs -- 18th century.China -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.Clothing and dress -- China.Costume -- China.Gosnell, S. -- Printer.Miller, W. -- Publisher.Stipple engraving, Colored -- Specimens -- 1821.
YCBA Collections Search
Mason, George Henry, The costume of China , 1800 [i.e. not before 1821]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.