Conversation cards, or, Pleasing pastimes for winter evenings , [ca. 1815?]
Conversation cards, or, Pleasing pastimes for winter evenings : [game]
- Additional Title(s):
Pleasing pastimes for winter evenings
- [England] : [s.n.], [ca. 1815?]
- Physical Description:
-  pictorial cards : ill. ; 65 x 45 mm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsGV1239 .C66 1815Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Three-Dimensional Artifacts
- Each card bears an engraved depiction of a person, with a rhyming couplet of verse at the bottom of each card.
Extent (26 cards) based on the catalog record of the Cotsen Children's Library copy.
BAC: British Art Center copy incomplete; includes five cards only (including the title card). Uncolored.
- Subject Terms:
- Amusements -- Great Britain -- 19th century.Caricatures and cartoons -- Great Britain.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1815.Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.
- Games -- Great Britain.
Recreations -- Great Britain.
- IIIF Manifest:
- [Title card] If you to me a kiss will give, an answer quickly you'll receive
- Say if you like an evening tide, sometimes to take a pleasant ride
- I can't say indeed tis as humour suits, For you men are most terrible brutes
- Upon my word you graceless elf, I'll keep that answer to myself
- In those lovely features each charm I can see, Then say can you love & be happy with me.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.