The military costume of Turkey : illustrated by a series of engravings, from drawings made on the spot.
- London : Published by Thomas M'Lean, 26, Haymarket : 
- Physical Description:
-  leaves,  leaves of plates : ill., port. ; 38 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsUC485.T9 M5 1818+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Colored engraving by and after Thomas Charles Wageman. Colored aquatints by John Heaviside Clark.
With an added engraved title page dated January 1, 1818.
Each plate accompanied by a leaf of descriptive text.
Colas, R. Bibliographie générale du costume et de la mode, 2059
Hiler, H. Bibliography of costume, p. 613
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in gilt-tooled maroon morocco.
- Subject Terms:
- Engraving, Colored -- Specimens -- 1818.Howlett, B.R. -- Printer.M'Lean, Thomas -- Publisher.Military uniforms.Turkey -- Army -- Uniforms.Turkey. Ordu -- Uniforms.
- Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1818.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.