IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
The Lumley inventory and pedigree , 2010
The Lumley inventory and pedigree : art collecting and lineage in the Elizabethan Age : facsimile and commentary on the manuscript in the possession of the Earls of Scarbrough / edited by Mark Evans.
- [England] : The Roxburghe Club, 2010.
- Physical Description:
- 167,  p. : ill. (chiefly col.), facsims., geneal. tables, ports. ; 45 cm.
- Reference LibraryFolio F N 104Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Please contact the Reference Library to schedule an appointment [Email firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Full Orbis Record:
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 165-166) and index.
Known from its binding as the Red Velvet Book, the inventory is housed in a leather box lettered: Certificate to John, Lord Lumley, of all his monuments of marbles, pictures & household stuff, anno 1590.
- Subject Terms:
- Art -- Collectors and collecting -- England -- History -- 16th century.Art objects -- Private collections -- England.Art, Elizabethan.Drawing, English -- 16th century.Lumley family -- Genealogy.Lumley, John Lumley, Baron, 1534?-1609 -- Art collections.Manuscripts, English -- Facsimiles.Portrait painting, English -- 16th century -- Private collections.