The Lumley inventory and pedigree : art collecting and lineage in the Elizabethan Age : facsimile and commentary on the manuscript in the possession of the Earls of Scarbrough / edited by Mark Evans.
- [England] : The Roxburghe Club, 2010.
- Physical Description:
- 167,  p. : ill. (chiefly col.), facsims., geneal. tables, ports. ; 45 cm.
- Reference LibraryFolio F N 104Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 165-166) and index.
Known from its binding as the Red Velvet Book, the inventory is housed in a leather box lettered: Certificate to John, Lord Lumley, of all his monuments of marbles, pictures & household stuff, anno 1590.
- Subject Terms:
- Art -- Collectors and collecting -- England -- History -- 16th century.Art objects -- Private collections -- England.Art, Elizabethan.Drawing, English -- 16th century.Lumley family -- Genealogy.Lumley, John Lumley, Baron, 1534?-1609 -- Art collections.Manuscripts, English -- Facsimiles.Portrait painting, English -- 16th century -- Private collections.
YCBA Collections Search
The Lumley inventory and pedigree , 2010